Alleviate sickness by having shakes during peak times of the year when sickness tends to strike, these would primarily be during the holidays and just before summer starts.
Due to the fact that we let ourselves get run down and become weak causing our white blood cells numbers to become low, our bodies allow growth of bacteria causing the illness.
We may also catch a cold from other people like family members and work colleagues, as well as a change in the weather – going from hot to cold quickly. Our bodies are not built for this type of quick change and needs time to adapt.
Detox is a good and healthy way for the body to get rid of any impurities, and can help with the functioning of organs and other body functions.
The quickest way the body can absorb vitamins, minerals and nutrients is through food, especially shakes.
To boost your immune system simply try one of these shakes, and feel the benefits.
Immune Boosting Smoothie
|The best time to take this smoothie is first thing in the morning. The ginger helps with detox, and the remaining ingredients help with protein intake and energy.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
|Best first in the morning and last thing at night when your body is resting so the ingredients can work their magic.
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend for 1 minute – stir, then blend again for another 30 seconds, or until smooth.
|Take this recovery drink once you have been sick or the moment you start to feel better. This drink is best to take when you’re getting back into full recovery. It also helps to boost white blood cells and replace all of the minerals and vitamins lost while being under the weather.
- Cut orange into pieces and place in a blender with remaining ingredients.
- Process until smooth.
Super Green Smoothie
|This super green smoothie is great for a breakfast or after a workout to replenish salts and minerals lost through a workout or overnight while sleeping.
- Put everything in the blender except for the super greens, process until well combined.
- Pour half the smoothie out into a glass.
- Blend the remaining smoothie mix in the blender with the super greens, with some more ice.
- Pour both smoothies together and enjoy.
European Business Centre