Cardio exercises are necessary for any effective training program, not only for fat burning, but also for overall good health. Your heart is a muscle, and we all know that to keep our muscles in shape we need move them.
The best thing about cardio workout is that we can do them anywhere and anytime. What we need is a little imagination and functionality of our own body so that we can run an infinite number of different movements, different intensity and contribute to our cardiovascular health. It is important to keep our body moving and choose a lifestyle that will help us avoid injuries.
Benefits of the Cardio workout:
♦ Faster metabolic system
♦ Decrease in cholesterol levels
♦ Increased secretion of growth
♦ Hormone increase blood flow to the brain,
♦ Improving concentration
♦ Improve digestion
♦ Stress reduction
♦ Strengthening the immune system
♦ Relief from depression and anxiety.
♦ Better sleep
♦ More confidence about how you feel and look
A side of the all advantages, there are people who love cardio exercise as much as “tooth extraction” and sometimes they find it boring to run, ride a bike, row or walk.
Today I choose a different type of cardio, High Intensity Interval Training that will help you to lose body fat, shape and feel great:
1. Lunge single Leg ( 15 second each leg )
2. Jumping Jacks X 30 second
3. Squat MB ball hold X 30 second
4. Shuttle run side 5mX30
5. Row machine Pike X 30 second
6. Burpee X 1 min
Repeat 3X/Max Repetitions/Monitor your progress
1. Lunge Single Leg:
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart
- Step forward with one foot and lower yourself by bending your knees
- Your back should be straight throughout the whole movement
- Stop when your front thigh is parallel with the ground
2. Jumping Jack
- Stand tall with your back straight
- Jump outward with feet wider
- At the same time raise your arms overhead
3. Squat MB ball hold
- Stand straight with feet shoulder width apart.
- Adjust feet to face slightly outward
- Lower yourself by bending knees and pushing your hips back
- Keep back straight
- Stop when your thighs are parallel with the ground
- When you return press the ball and keep back straight
4. Shuttle run
- Place 2 cons on a distance of 5m
- Start from right or left side
- Explode laterally
- Run either to the right or left and touch the line with your hand
5. Row machine – pike
- Your body should be in a straight line from head to toe
- Pressing down through your palms, lift your hips up towards the ceiling by drawing your legs towards your chest until you look like an upside-down V, or as high as you can go
- Slowly lower your legs and return to the starting position
- Start with standing position
- Lower yourself by bending knees to squat position with hands on the floor
- Drop your feet back into plank position and keep your shoulders extended
- Return back to the squat position by jumping forward
Your Hearth Rate Zone should be between 75-90%.
Don’t forget to monitor your workout. Set and write down the goal and track your achievement. Be proud of every movement you do, this is a gift you are giving to your hearth and your health.
Don’t forget that “The Body achieves what the mind believes”.
Assistant Fitness Manager
Fitness First Ladies Only, Marina Mall Abu Dhabi